My Weird Experiences

 Do you ever have weird experiences or have you ever had weird experiences? Experiences that are so weird that you start wondering what or who you are?

A few days ago, my sister posted a link in our WhatsApp group. The link was to a Facebook thread about weird stories and experiences. The stories people shared in this thread ranged from being funny and supernatural, to being scary and downright spooky. It was the first time most of them were openly sharing their experiences. It was definitely my first time reading someone’s first-hand experiences with witchcraft. The scary and shocking part was that these stories happened right here in my country called Zambia.

I am here to share my own weird (paranormal) experiences. No they are not scary. Scary ones can be found in that Facebook thread here.

My first weird experience, which still happens from time to time, is that I will hear my name being called out loud whenever I doze off during the day. This may happen at work, in church or even at home. I am used to standing and walking around for long hours due to the kind of work I do. My body interprets any idol time I spend sitting down as sleep-time. My eyes will close for a few minutes before a commanding voice wakes me up with a strong “Lazarus!” I wake up and look around only to find that there is no one around; I am completely alone. I do not know what to make of it but take it as my salvation from a gas incident. The next time it happens, I will go the way of Samuel and say “Speak, LORD, for your servant is listening.”

My second weird experience happened in 2006. I had been struggling to feel close to God. I felt like my prayers were not being heard. There was something that was standing between me and my God. Clearly my first kiss with a girl had made God to turn His face from me. Going to church never helped. Satan seemed to mock me. The more recorded sermons I listened to, the more he seemed to laugh at me. My great sin had made me to be of the devil – one whose prayers could not be answered by God.

Despite my failures, I was still determined to get back to being a beloved son of God. I finally picked a taped sermon preached in the 1960s titled On The Wings Of A Snow White Dove. I struggled to get anything from that sermon. My eyes kept wondering from one object to another. One of the small speakers to the Home Theatre (sound system) was broken with some white glue residues exposed. I picked a small piece of the dried glue and got busy playing with it as I struggled to understand the message in the sermon. Towards the end of the sermon, the preacher called for a prayer line where he discerned people’s problems and prayed for their healing or solutions. While the preacher talked of a sign on the wings of a snow white dove, something caused me to look down on the piece of glue I was playing with in my hands. As I looked down, that small white piece of glue was now in a perfect shape of dove (or bird). That was it. Whatever barrier existed between me and God was taken away. I was no longer a God-forsaken child.

There you are. My secret weird experiences are now in the open for everyone to read, including my siblings (embarrassing).

Have you experienced any weird or spiritual happenings in your life? Have you told anyone about them? If not, why? I would love to read some of your experiences in the comment section.

Weird experiences
Photo: Pexels

Comments